1. The rise of mysticism and emotionalism has played a large role in
attributing to the Holy Spirit things that we can be certain should not be.
a. Professed miracles –
b. Professed Divine revelation
c. Professed spiritual contacts and direct faith
d. Professed direct leading
2. True spirituality is – Fearing God, and keeping His commandments as
defined by His word.
are two sources of information regarding the Holy Spirit –
Information - Fallible Men
1. Charisma tics’ such as, Benny Hinn; Kenneth Hagin; Joyce Meyer; . . .
Pat Robertson, Jimmy Swaggart, John Hagee, etc.
2. Calvinist’s such as - Charles Swindol, Billy Graham, Charles Stanley, or
3. Unreliable!! - Ministers of MISINFORMATION
a. These men teach doctrines which conflict with one another.
b. These men teach doctrines that contradict the clear teaching of the
c. They perform acts of worship and work, as well as advocating
organizations which are foreign to the Word of God – But yet they claim to be
guided by the same Spirit – HOW CAN THAT BE?
4. The Holy Spirit Will Not Guide ...
a. Men To Teach Conflicting Doctrines
b. Men To Teach Doctrines Contrary To The Word Of God
c. Men To Perform Acts Contrary To, Or Different From, The Word Of God
5. God is not the author of confusion 1 Cor.
a. Men who teach doctrines contrary to scripture are false teachers!
(Matthew ; 2 Corinthians -15; Matthew -23; 1 Timothy 4:1,2; 1 John 4:1)
Of Valid Information
1. The word of God is the ONLY valid and objective source for information
concerning the Holy Spirit! - The Holy Spirit has revealed ALL the truth about
Himself – (Cf. John ; ; -13;
Romans 8:2; 2 Timothy ; 2 Peter
1:3; Jude 3)
a. The teachings of men are to be examined by the word of God. 1 Cor. 4:6
b. We can understand what the Holy Spirit revealed to the apostles - Ephes.
c. The Inspired Revelation By The Holy Spirit Was Supernatural, Verbal, And
Final! (Gal. 1:6-9)
d. Where is the room for more divine instruction?
2. Are we satisfied with what the Spirit has said about himself, and other